Are you or your team stuck in a rut, new ideas just don’t seem to occur, everyone is almost zombi like in adherence to how things have always been done?
Do you need new ideas, would some fresh thinking be a booster shot for your business, then read on.
Here are Ten Actions you can take to Achieve Freshness Today:
- Take a new form of transportation to work.
- Read a new magazine or watch a new TV show.
- Plan a lunch with people you never lunch with.
- Get out of your normal work environment for a half-day per week.
- Ask your family (especially your kids) to help solve a problem you are working on.
- Allocate double the normal time you spend solving a problem, make at least three options.
- Block out time for your whole team to do something new together once a month.
- Take a walk in the park at lunch time.
- Listen to the Pop Music charts.
- Reinvent your personal job role at least once/year.
In other words you have to consciously break the pattern you are working and living in. The new firings of your brain synapses will be just the spark to allow new ideas and thinking to enter you and your team.
(Tip of the hat to the great book “What If” for the creative energy for this post)