According to the results of a recent Chase Card Services survey, 49% of small businesses plan to continue hiring as usual.
The survey statistics come as a result of asking “CEOs and senior executives on the prominent Inc. 500/5000 list of fastest growing U.S. companies about their outlook on the economy, employment, general growth, and critical issues to their business, such as access to capital and cash flow management“.
Other key statistics:
- 49 percent said they are still adding positions despite the economy
- 76 percent said they believe the U.S. economy and their business will be doing better in three to six months
- 59 percent are expanding into new markets and nearly as many (54 percent) say they are producing more revenue among existing customers
- 80 percent of small businesses surveyed described their business as pursuing a moderate or aggressive growth strategy
- 65 percent say that small businesses are very important in leading the country out of the recession
It’s very encouraging to see that small business owners are still forging ahead in this difficult economic climate. I can only hope that results like these are actual indicators to real, positive improvements in our economy. Do these survey results echo your small business’ plan for economic growth?