Few small business owners relish the thought of going over their books on a regular basis. Of course most have good intentions, and may even make a good start by setting up a rudimentary bookkeeping process and keeping track of income and expenditure, but usually the day to day grind of running the business takes priority and everything starts to fall behind.
Often the best course of action is to outsource the work to a qualified professional. Here are five reasons you should consider working with a provider of bookkeeping services in London.
- Expert Guidance. Anyone who runs a business, even as a freelance contractor working out of their spare room, will be faced with tax and accountancy scenarios that they need accurate answers too. Sometimes these can be found online, but it can take a lot of searching, fact checking and deciphering lingo, all of which eats away at time you could spend building your business. By outsourcing your bookkeeping work to a reputable accountancy firm you’ll have a wealth of expertise at your beck and call.
- Growing Room. Depending on your grand plan for your business you may find that you’ll need more and more support to keep your books in order. Initially you may only need a few hours a month but as your business grows you may need several days a month to keep on top of everything. By outsourcing to a provider of bookkeeping services in London from the off you can feel confident that things are being taken care of as the workload increases.
- Save Money. The old adage goes: “You have to spend money to make money” but when it comes to bookkeeping spending money can also save you money in the mid to long term. Think about it. How do you value your time? What could you achieve for your business in terms of revenue and new business in the time you spend balancing your books and keeping track of expenditure? It’s highly likely that this is a great deal more than the cost of hiring the services of an accountancy firm to provide you with professional bookkeeping support.
- Better Cash Flow. Cash flow is the life blood of business. If you don’t keep on top of your debtors then you can’t pay your creditors and the situation can rapidly spiral out of control, resulting in a bad credit rating, bad reputation or even worse the loss of the business. Working with a professional supplier of bookkeeping services in London means that slow payers will be found quickly, and there’s something about receiving a letter about their debt from an accountancy firm that hurries people along.
- Prevent Fraud. By not keeping a close eye on your incomings and outgoings and performing regular banking reconciliations you lay yourself wide open to fraud. If your accounts are a mess, and not closely controlled, then you won’t have a clue if people are taking you for a ride, and before you know it the situation can be irrecoverable. Having your bookkeeping outsourced to a professional means that everything will be monitored closely on a regular basis and any issues will be quickly identified.
When running a small business the temptation can be to try and manage your bookkeeping yourself, but often this is counterproductive. Find out more about outsourcing your bookkeeping services, and the benefits it provides by visiting www.hwfisher.co.uk/accounting-outsourcing-services/bookkeeping
Photo credit: slightly everything