It’s the dream of all small business owners to extend their reach well beyond their local marketplace because it opens the opportunities to grow a larger brand (and higher profits).
The web has facilitated much of small business growth because it demolished the physical borders and barriers, but there is still something to say about having a real presence in a foreign marketplace that cannot be replicated through online commerce alone.
Moving a business (or parts of it) overseas brings with it a wide range of benefits:
- There are, at times, very little competition within the marketplace for experienced businesses
- Foreign workers are plentiful
- Many financial benefits are to be had when moving to certain regions
- A physical presence allows the business to become one with the community
- It progresses the brand and opportunities to franchise the business within the new marketplace
The benefits of moving a business (or part) overseas is stacked in the good category but it is important to know some of the issues and “snags” one may face when making the transition.…Continue reading