Ask anyone who has tried to set up their own business, and they will tell you, lead generation is one of the hardest aspects you will face. Lead generation is the way that you find strangers and turn them into customers. You find someone who you think would like to buy your product or service, and then you convince them to do so.
Working on unique ways to attract people to what you are offering is key for finding new clients. Some people do this themselves for their companies and some outsource the task. Xsocialmedia, for example, generates leads for law companies.
Why is lead generation important?
Lead generation is important for several reasons. Firstly, and most importantly, it is a great way to obtain new sales leads. Secondly, when done right, it makes sure that the leads that you do have are the right fit for your business.
In times past, lead generation was a pretty simple task.
Typically, people in charge of marketing would do things like.
- Place an ad on television
- Publish an advert in a newspaper or a magazine
- Use purchased email lists to send out mass cold marketing emails
Nowadays, it isn’t so easy. With the invention of the internet, consumers are now bombarded with adverts every day. You only need to look at the spam folder in your email account to see why this isn’t viable anymore.
So how do we generate leads in 2020?
Well, let us look at the lead generation process:
- A visitor finds your product or services through one of your marketing mediums, for example, your blog or your website.
- Next, they use your CTA or call to action. This is a button or a link or an image that invites them to do something.
- After following your CTA, they will be taken to your landing page. A landing page where you will have more information on your product and some persuasive copy/content to convince them that they need your product or service.
- When they are on the landing page, they might find a form they can fill in, often in exchange for an offer or discount. When they have filled this in you have gained a lead!
Here are some great simple channels to help you generate leads.
Probably the easiest way to get your potential clients to take action is to bring them in from social media. You can put links into your bio and promote your posts on Facebook, or use Instagram stories. Lots of companies find massive success by conduction full-blown social media campaigns.
If you have a successful blog, this can be a really effective way to drive customers to take action. If your blog is already successful, that means that there is already a group of people who return to your site. These people are the best to target.
If you came to this article because you wanted a better understanding of lead generation, I hope we have cleared it up for you a little bit.