We are all born to change something in this world and succeed. Some want to have children in need, others want to save the world from ecological disasters, and some just want to sustain their family: as you can see, all these goals can be achieved only with money. Consequently, we need to work, fight tooth and nail in order to earn a fortune, and achieve all the goals that once seemed impossible.
What’s even more important, you will need to manage all your funds and investments because money can be lost in a flash if you don’t keep your eyes on it! Yes, if you want to succeed, you have to assemble a strong and stable management system, and we will help you with that!
Management Is The Key!
Investment Management vs. Wealth management
In order to better understand the difference between a fund manager and an investment manager, let’s, first of all, discuss two types of management that are widely used among affluent clients.
Now, what is investment management? In general, investment management is the professional “administration” of assets. And by the way, investment management is also known as portfolio management, asset management, and so on: so don’t get confused when you see those terms on the Internet, they’re almost the same!
In other words, it’s all about investing! While investing in something, you need to be sure that your investments are worth it and that you won’t lose all your money because of a bad decision! This is why specialists like investment managers exist! Working with professionals should be taken seriously because it does help!
Imagine you opened up your business and now it’s booming, your income has increased and you don’t know how to spend that money! In most cases, people lose their mind and start spending their money in the most pointless way possible, and soon, find themselves at $0. This is why there’s something like wealth management!
Wealth Management or fund management is the administration of the financial situation of the client. Working with a wealth or let’s say, a fund manager will positively affect your financial situation.
But did you know that wealth management is not only for affluent clients? If you work with a wealth or fund manager from the very start, you’ll be able to spend and save your money according to your actual abilities. Soon, with the help of this fund management service, you will have so much money at hand that you won’t even know how to spend it!
Investment Managers vs. Fund Managers
Now let’s understand the difference between investment managers and fund managers! As you can already understand, investment management is all about investments, investment opportunities and money! On the other hand, wealth management is about finances and the financial situation of a company: in other words, a fund manager is more like a financial advisor.
Main Responsibilities of an Investment Manager (Investment Portfolio Manager)
An investment manager wants to make sure you know what you’re doing. Before doing anything on your behalf, they will ask you numerous questions in order to understand you and your business better.
In general, this is what an investment manager does:
- They find investment opportunities appropriate to your needs
- Evaluate them, and show you the best options
- They constantly review your financial data, because why not?
- Decide which securities they should purchase or sell
- Together with you, they set investment goals and objectives
- Always do their work through reports
These are the questions that they may ask:
- First of all, they’d like to know about your goals and objectives: what is your main goal? Is It a short or long-term goal?
- After that, they will need to know everything about your financial capacities. How much money are you ready to invest and why? Think twice before giving an answer, everything depends on the sum of your money!
- What is an investment without risks? This is why they will ask you questions about the money you are ready to risk! And don’t worry, it’s not a sign of lack of competency, no! Every professional asset manager knows that investments can be risky sometimes!
Main Responsibilities of a Fund Manager
Professional fund managers should be able to work with numbers. Gathering information is one thing, but analyzing this data and making a decision based on the analysis is another. So make sure you hire professionals like us in order not to lose your finances or the financial reputation you have!
What fund managers do:
- Their main goal is to improve the financial situation of their client.
- For that, they combine their analytical and mathematical skills, gather information and review data.
- Together with you, they will identify your goals and objectives.
- They will make sure all your actions are in accordance with industry and state regulations.
- They explain to you everything that needs to be done and what risks can occur.
- They will promote other services to their clients in order to improve their financial position.
- They find the best securities, bonds and stocks. After buying them, they sell them.
- Usually, pension, trust, hedge and mutual funds become the center of fund manager’s work.
P.S. If you don’t know what a mutual fund is, here’s the explanation!
According to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, A mutual fund is a company that pools money from many investors and invests the money in securities such as stocks, bonds, and short-term debt. The combined holdings of the mutual fund are known as its portfolio. Investors buy shares in mutual funds. Each share represents an investor’s part ownership in the fund and the income it generates.
Long story short, if you want to treat your business in the best way possible, you should have a good management system. Luckily, we at Jerome Basilio can help you with that! Every single investment and financial decision matters, especially when dealing with eCommerce. If you like eCommerce and adore money, and want to kill two birds with one stone, contact us and we will help!