You can think of the executive summary as the introductory section of your business plan. It is a brief, positive synopsis of the business that goes at the beginning of a business plan and normally contains short overviews of each section that follows. A good executive summary is straightforward and concise, highlighting the key points of your plan in an easily-digestible format.
If you get stuck writing an executive summary for your business plan or need help with other sections, there are resources and free business plan templates available online to get you started.
Here’s what should be included in an executive summary:
- A brief description of the company, including its history, products or services, and target market
- An overview of the company’s marketing strategy
- A discussion of the company’s financial projections, including sales, profits, and expenses
- An explanation of the company’s organizational structure and management team
- A description of the company’s facilities and equipment
The Importance of the Executive Summary in a Business Plan
While it may seem like a small and insignificant part of your business plan, the executive summary is actually one of the most important sections.…Continue reading