It’s much easier to run a business now than ever before thanks to the technology that is constantly evolving. Many companies are now using tools that help them run their business and make a profit more efficiently. You can choose among hundreds of useful tools for your business and watch it flourish.
There are so many tools currently available that target different areas of your business. It’s up to you to decide which could be useful and implemented. However, there are some tools that any business can benefit from.
Here is a list of tools that are essential for business growth.
This tool is great for businesses of all sizes, no matter how big or small they might be. It is an intranet and content management system that is used for internal purposes, and its purpose is to bring an organization together.
SharePoint has two core functions:
- To store documents in an effective format instead of the classic (and often confusing) folder system.
- To ensure all team members are able to receive relevant and critical information.
The tool has many benefits that can improve your business, including:
- Simplifying user experience. SharePoint provides a consistent user experience as it’s familiar with desktop applications, web browsers, and email. This simplifies how people interact with all types of business-related content.
- Simplifying everyday activities. You can initiate, track and report common business activities easier than ever thanks to the tool’s out-of-the-box workflows.
- Meeting regulatory requirements. Specify security settings and storage policies to control and manage sensitive information. When you have everything secured, you greatly lower the risk of litigation.
- Managing and repurposing content. New document library templates allow you to access the original and altered version of any content. This simplifies managing multilingual content greatly and is a huge benefit for companies that need to communicate with customers in multiple languages.
- Encouraging collaboration. One of SharePoint’s biggest advantages is allowing the entire team to collaborate. This is especially important for businesses that have team members working in isolated branches or simply aren’t geographically connected.
And while SharePoint is a great tool, it can be hard to teach an entire team how to use it efficiently. That is why you should think about seeking help from SharePoint consulting services as many other businesses do.
Virtual private networks have become a necessity even for private individuals, let alone companies. Even though the internet has many benefits that help businesses stay afloat, it can also be a two-edged sword. A lack of internet security can do a lot of harm to your company and even ruin it.
According to this survey, 67% of surveyed small businesses reported they experienced some sort of cyber-attack in 2018. If you don’t want this to happen to your company, you need to protect your sensitive data with a VPN.
A VPN might slow down your browsing because it takes extra steps when encrypting data. However, that is only one small drawback to a tool that offers many benefits.
The most important benefits of a VPN include:
- Enhanced data security. A VPN works by encrypting your data and passing it through a secure tunnel. It can also detect malware and viruses in downloaded files. All of this protects your sensitive information and stops data breaches.
- Increased internet privacy. Most people get VPNs to feel secure, and VPNs provide that security by giving you a new IP address every time you go online. This masks your identity and gives you an extra layer of security.
- Ability to pass geoblocking. Some websites that you might need for your business operations might not be available in your country due to geoblocking. A VPN will bypass this by masking your IP address and presenting it as an address from an unrestricted location.
There are many different VPNs available for purchase online, but not all of them were created equal. Make sure to get the best VPN service for your business that will allow you to browse the internet freely and safely.
Many people believe that Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is beneficial only for bigger businesses, but that can’t be farther from the truth. Small companies can also take advantage of it, as it has many benefits that can help them grow their business.
VoIP allows users to receive and make phone calls using a broadband internet connection. It doesn’t require any type of regular or analog phone line, which reduces the cost of making phone calls.
However, the biggest advantage of this technology is that it converts sound into digital packages and then transfers it through the internet. These packages can be stored, searched, copied, manipulated, and even combined with other data before being sent to a device with an internet connection.
Here are some of the benefits VoIP has to offer:
- Great call quality. VoIP offers great sound quality when you’re talking to someone, and it’s impossible to tell whether or not you’re using a landline. In some cases, VoIPs offer even better sound quality than landlines.
- Various functions. Modern VoIPs offer much more than just making and receiving phone calls. They incorporate various communication services which include voicemail, video conferencing, instant messaging, and faxes via email.
- Security. VoIP offers more security than traditional telephone connections because they have standardized encryption protocols.
- Portability. You can use your VoIP from multiple devices, all you need is an internet connection. This feature allows you to stay connected with colleagues and customers from anywhere in the world.
If you need help with deciding which VoIP to purchase for your business, it is best to take a look at a VoIP phone services buyer’s guide. That way, you will learn all you need to know to make the right decision.
Accounting and managing finances are among the most important parts of any business, and if you don’t do these correctly, you could find yourself in a lot of trouble. Your company could lose money due to poor accounting or even be in legal trouble for inaccurately calculated business taxes.
According to statistics, the majority of accountants believe traditional accounting isn’t enough to run a business nowadays. If you want your business to succeed in this modern world, you need to apply smart accounting tips and use modern accounting tools.
These tools help you keep track of your finances, taxes, invoices and allow you to keep everything organized. When you use an accounting tool, there is no room for human error, which is often the biggest issue with traditional accounting.
Other benefits of accounting tools include:
- Speeding up the process. These tools speed up the accounting process at an incredible rate. In just a fraction of a second, they can perform tasks that would take an accountant a few minutes to complete.
- Reducing costs. While you do have to pay for these tools, they will end up being a smart investment down the line.
- Simpler tax filing. Filing taxes is a dreaded procedure even for the best accountants, as it’s time-consuming and often confusing. An accounting tool will make this process much simpler and smoother, not to mention more accurate.
- Simpler invoicing. These tools can create accurate digital invoices as soon as they’re needed.
Sales productivity tools
No business can stay afloat if they don’t make enough sales. While having a good sales manager is a necessity, it’s simply not enough. If you want your business to grow, it’s important to use sales productivity tools.
There are various different types of sales productivity tools that target different parts of your sales funnel. This means that you should do thorough research before deciding which one will suit your business best.
Be careful not to choose the wrong type of tool, as it will just be a failed investment that won’t help you generate more sales. Make sure an area needs help before you try to find a solution. That way, you can boost your sales and grow your business.