A logo is a sign, emblem, symbol of a company or product. The logo is a visualization of the brand — it is associated with its values, ideas, mission, and activities. It is needed in order to identify the brand and distinguish it from competitors.
The logo is part of the image of the company or product and helps to increase awareness. The logo can consist only of an image or only of text. Often brands use a combined option — combine the image with the company name.
As you probably already realized, not every company and not every product needs a logo. The logo (and other elements of identity) is necessary:
- If you want to be remembered;
- If you want to stand out.
The logo must be unique and different from the existing ones on the market. It must be registered, in this case, it will have legal protection against forgery and plagiarism. They register logos with the patent office.
Thanks to logos, customers can distinguish similar products from competing manufacturers. In addition, the presence of a logo, trademark is one of the requirements of retail chains. If the manufacturer plans to work with them and wants to place their products on their shelves, then it is impossible to do without the registration of the logo.
A logo is a graphic image that serves as the “face” or business card of your company. It expresses the main direction of the company’s activity, its value and the key characteristics of the brand being created. It symbolizes a certain concept, is developed for easy brand recognition, attracting attention and distinguishing from competitors. The logo in its structure has various elements that all together affect the construction of the image. With the right combination of these elements, a logo of a certain type is obtained.
The logo can greatly help in promoting the product, because it is printed everywhere: on products, on branded stores, business cards, banners and ads, on social networks. That is why it should be easy to remember, so that anyone could mention only what the logo looks like in a story to his friend, and it would immediately be stored in memory.
The logo should not be a non-objective set of symbols or an attractive picture. However, the logo is not always created specifically for the company. The logo serves as a protective factor of the rights to your brand.
Before creating a corporate identity, it is necessary to determine which audience your company’s products are aimed at (age audience; women, men, children, etc.), what impression the corporate identity should make on people, what actions to encourage. And then proceed to the selection of colors or combinations of colors that will dominate the corporate identity of your company.
How to make a logo online?
When creating a business, you need to think through every step to get the desired result. Each stage is important, but the choice of the company name is certainly one of the main ones. It often takes a lot of time and effort. If you are experiencing difficulties in finding the optimal name for the company, then we suggest that you familiarize yourself with our useful tips.
To create a creative and stylish logo, you can contact the Turbologo designer, who will generate a corporate identity for your company. No design skills are required to use the site. The platform is fully adapted for ordinary users.
- Memorability – the name should be well perceived by the target audience. Preference is given to short names, because the shorter, the easier it is to remember the name, however, names longer or consisting of 2 or 3 words also have a chance of success if they are easily read and perceived. Longer titles have a better chance of patent purity.
- Patent purity – the ability to register a naming as a trademark or a legal entity. This step is inevitable, because the name must be patented in order to avoid problems among competitors.
- Absence of negative emotions – when choosing a name, remember that it should not mean or hint at something negative or disparaging, the target audience may react sharply to such a name. If the name does not have a clear meaning, check its translation into different languages to avoid negative meanings in different languages.
- Conciseness – ease of readability, ease of perception. Avoid complex combinations of letters, preferably the harmonious presence of vowels and consonants. Try the “phone test”, dictate the name by phone to your friends or acquaintances, if they do not ask again, then everything is fine with the name.
In conclusion, it is necessary to emphasize once again that corporate identity plays an invaluable role in creating the image and trademark of a company or firm. A good corporate identity attracts consumers, providing the company with the opportunity to make a profit and the appearance of regular customers, on which the long-term well-being of the company is based.