The pandemic effectively shut down in-person events like conventions and trade shows for months. Businesses return to face-to-face encounters with potential partners, clients, and investors three years later. But the landscape looks much different than when COVID-19 shut the world down.
photo credit: Nikita Korchagin / Pexels
Plenty of trends are arising post-pandemic in the exhibition marketplace — quite exciting. People are craving more time with each other, especially those who have been beset by Zoom fatigue.
Suppose your company intends to set up a display area or invest in a booth at an upcoming gathering. In that case, you’ll want to know about the latest ways organizations design their exhibitions. The last thing you want is for attendees to see your trade show displays as dated. Consider the following:
1. Embrace the Digital Transformation
The digital transformation era is upon us in many ways, including how companies engineer their trade show kiosks and areas. Here are the key digital elements to consider:
- Interactive Displays: Incorporate tablets, screens, and other digital devices to engage and educate visitors. Interactive displays allow attendees to explore your products or services at their own pace, enhancing their experience.
- Virtual Communication: Foster hybrid conversations by providing virtual meeting points or live streaming options for remote participants who cannot attend in person.
2. Purposeful Branded Swag
Forget about plush stuffed animals and light-up toys meant to sit on cubicle farm desks. Now, branded swag tends to be more focused on serving a purpose. It’s become very popular for companies to hand out swag with self-care roots. Consider the following:
- Self-Care Items: Offer branded swag focusing on self-care, such as logo-laden face masks, hand sanitizers, or wellness products.
- Sustainable Swag: Demonstrate your commitment to sustainability by offering eco-friendly promotional items.
3. Create an Inviting Atmosphere
Forget about those trade show days of the past when your feet hurt from going from one display to the next. Exhibition spaces are more likely than ever to be outfitted with cozy furniture and even kitchenette-style tables and chairs. The reasoning is that constructing an inviting atmosphere will encourage people to stick around and chat — and the reasoning is right on the money. Consider the following elements:
- Comfortable Furnishings: Design your exhibition space with cozy furniture and lounge areas to create a relaxed ambiance. Comfortable seating encourages visitors to stay longer, fostering more meaningful interactions.
- Refreshment Stations: Enhance the experience by offering beverage stations or light refreshments. Networking opportunities increase as attendees gather around these stations.
- Charging Stations: Provide charging stations for mobile devices to keep attendees connected and engaged throughout the event.
4. Engage with Interactive Experiences
Create memorable and interactive experiences that capture attendees’ attention and drive engagement. Consider incorporating gamification and hosting demonstrations and workshops to create engaging and informative experiences.
- Gamification: Capture attendees’ attention with gamified elements at your exhibition. Interactive games or quizzes about your products or services create memorable experiences and increase engagement.
- Demonstrations and Workshops: Host live demonstrations or workshops to showcase your offerings. Providing hands-on experiences helps visitors better understand your products and services.
5. Personalization and Data Capture
Leverage data capture tools to gather valuable insights about your visitors, enabling you to personalize interactions and follow-up strategies. Personalization makes attendees feel valued and understood, increasing the chances of converting leads into clients.
- Tailored Experiences: Utilize data capture tools to gather information about attendees’ preferences and interests. Use this data to personalize interactions and offers, making visitors feel valued and understood.
- Follow-up Strategies: Implement post-event follow-up plans using the data collected to nurture leads and maintain connections with potential partners and clients.
6. Incorporate Immersive Technology
Embrace cutting-edge technologies to create visually stunning and captivating presentations at your exhibition. Consider using the following to create captivating and innovative presentations.
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR): Utilize AR and VR experiences to innovatively showcase your products or services. These immersive technologies leave a lasting impression on attendees.
- Holographic Displays: Create captivating visual presentations using holographic displays, attracting visitors to your booth and leaving a lasting impression.
By incorporating these latest trends into your exhibition strategy, you can revitalize your business connections and make a lasting impact at corporate industry events. Strive to create an engaging, personalized, and technology-driven exhibition experience that sets your company apart and drives business success.